As a parent, or caregiver who plays an important role in the life of a child, your involvement in your child’s education at school and at home shows your child that you value their education. It is important for our DALA community that all parents be actively involved in every step of their child’s education. Decades of research show that when parents are involved students have:
- Higher grades, test scores, and graduation rates
- Better school attendance
- Increased motivation, better self-esteem
- Lower rates of suspension
- Fewer instances of violent behavior
- Decreased use of drugs & alcohol
What is a School-Parent Compact?
Most students at all levels want their families to be a more knowledgeable partner about their schooling and are willing to take active roles in assisting communications between school and home. Let’s work together in preparing our children to become responsible, productive, citizens in a changing world.